Is Your Boiler Exempt from these Inspections?
The standard NBIC testing is required for standard commercial and industrial boilers, but not all water heaters and boilers fall into this general category. There is a short list of exceptions that are either Federally inspected or do not experience the pressures and heat of commercial boilers; this list includes:
- Boilers controlled by the U.S. government
- Water heaters and boilers in private residences or apartment complexes of no more than six units
- Boilers and water heaters located on Indian reservations
- Lined hot water heaters that do not exceed:
- Heat input of 200,000 British thermal units per hour
- Water temperature of 210 degrees F
- Nominal water-containing capacity of 120 gallons
*Note: An initial certificate inspection is required for these last 3 exemptions. After that there are no further required inspections.*
- Power boilers with over 15 psi steam or vapor pressure
- High-temperature boilers exceeding 160 psi and/or 250 degrees F
- Direct-fired steam-jacketed kettle
- Heating or process boilers not exceeding 15 psi
- Hot-water boilers not exceeding pressures of 160 psi or not exceeding a temperature of 250 degrees F
- Lined hot-water heaters exceeding heat input of 200,000 BTU/hour, water temperature of 210 degrees F, and/or nominal water-containing capacity of 120-gallons.
ABI's Inspection team is the best in the valley. We have been inspecting industrial tanks boilers and pipes for decades and have years of experience inspecting, diagnosing and recommending repairs and maintenance for commercial boilers and water heaters. We can help keep you, your team and your equipment safe.
What's the worst that could happen?
Not sure you want to take the time to get your boiler inspected? Here are a few reasons not to blow it off:
Inspections on commercial and industrial boilers are still required by the state, they are just not provided by the state anymore.
Boilers are basically large water filled pipe bombs. They are large steel tanks filled with two things that are best at destroying steel: water and extreme heat...